[LAU] KXStudio Debian Bugs

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 02:06:44 UTC 2013

On 11/02/2013 02:13 PM, Kaspar Bumke wrote:
> Hey,
>
> not sure if this is the best way to report these but I couldn't find
> any specific bug trackers or mailing lists for KXstudio.

The website is currently being reworked for the 12.04.3 release, sorry
about that...

> I was trying to install ntk-static so I could try and compile OpenAV's
> Sorcer LV2 and I encountered this:
>
> Unpacking libffi-static (from
> .../libffi-static_3.0.9-0kxstudio2_i386.deb) ...
> dpkg: error processing
> /var/cache/apt/archives/libffi-static_3.0.9-0kxstudio2_i386.deb
> (--unpack):
>  trying to overwrite '/usr/share/man/man3/ffi_prep_cif.3.gz', which is
> also in package libffi-dev:i386 3.0.13-4
> Processing triggers for man-db ...
>  /var/cache/apt/archives/libffi-static_3.0.9-0kxstudio2_i386.deb
You shouldn't install the *-static packages yourself, there are for
internal use when building generic debian packages.
If you need NTK, install libntk0.0-dev instead.

> Also, this is Carla specific, the MIDI channel setting on my SFZ and
> SF2 instances (and possibly _any_ instances of anything, these are
> just the ones I have tried) in Carla don't seem to have any effect
> beyond the GUI keyboard in the edit window. I.e the instances still
> respond to any midi message on any channel.
The MIDI channel thing is only for:
1. piano keyboard (feedback and sending notes to plugin)
2. internal controls (volume, dry/wet and balance, mapped to MIDI CCs)
3. changing the current midi-program on SF2 and internal synths.

This needs to be documented somewhere, I know.
I'll add some tooltips in there.

> Is there a public git repo for Carla or only a source tarball release?

why not both? :P

The official repo is here - https://github.com/falkTX/Carla - together
with bug reports and requests.
MAKE SURE TO USE THE "stable" git branch!!

The latest source code of all my projects will always be here:
http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Downloads#SourceCode