[LAU] Machine Landscape

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Nov 17 22:25:34 UTC 2013

Hello Lorenzo!
   Don't I discover one sound, that I've heard before? The vocodic breathing
near the beginning? I've heard that before, but I'm not sure, if that wasone
of your pieces as well or not.
   This is more atmosphere and cinema in my ears than music. But for all that,
I like it. There is the disturbing note, that machines usually inspire. In a
matter of images it reaches from old steam to the most modern inexplicable in
my mind. A few effects remind me of 70s robots, I'm thinking of Marvin the
paranoid android, both in the 70s English original and the 80s-90s German
translation.
   Definitely not something I would listen to, while doing anything else or
just for a fun five minutes. But I think, it is something, to which I will
return. Explore your landscape further, penetrate into the hidden cravesses
and electronic sadows.
   Thanks for sharing this piece. It has been an experience.
   Warm regards
           Julien