[LAU] A music quality article of interest (OT but not much)

Rob Kudla lau at kudla.org
Thu Oct 3 00:16:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-02 19:47, Pete Wright wrote:
> So now (according to Steve Guttenberg) we are back to stomped and
> pre-chewed, except around LAU where we all still roll our own one way or
> another.

It's funny: not that I've ever really done music professionally (gigs for
beer doesn't rise to that level in my opinion), but I actually ruined my
last original project by mixing it through earbuds. I was just really used
to the way they sounded and thought they were fine. Played back the mix on
a real stereo and almost blew out the subwoofer. (Maybe the dubsteppers
would have appreciated it if it were in the key of wom.) But on the earbuds
it sounded awesome...

I'm not sure if that means I agree with him or if I just think those
gall-darn kids need to get off my lawn, dagnabit.

Rob