[LAU] re Zoom R16

reSet Sakrecoer sakrecoer at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 07:50:21 UTC 2013

Hi all!

I found this old discussion about the Zoom R16 in the archive of LAU.
http://linuxaudio.org/mailarchive/lau/2012/3/14/188926

Strangely, in that archive there is a missing reply from Mr. Brett McCoy.
(You can find the missing one a the bottom of this archive:
http://linux-audio.4202.n7.nabble.com/Zoom-R16-td7748.html )

Mr. McCoy claims to have enabled the Zoom R8 (yes, there is quite a
difference between r16 and r8) as a multi-input soundcard for ardour and
also as a control surface in 12.04 64bits.

There is no information as to which driver is being in use in his post. And
searching the web only leads me to various WIP to get the R16 running on
linux.

My question is, has anyone got any news about this device and a possible
drivers?

Specifically to Mr. Brett McCoy: what driver did you use to make jack aware
of your r8?

Thank full for any hints, yours,

--
Set Hallström