[LAU] Why would volume fluctuate while recording?

Rusty Perez rustys.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 00:49:28 UTC 2013

I know this would be like finding a needle in a heystack, but, here goes.
I just recorded an audio track in to ecasound via nama.
Here's the input chain.
Wide diafram condensor mic > Art Tube pack with compressor bipassed >
line 3 of Delta 1010LT > DAW.
There was no processing on the input chanel of the daw.

But, while I was recording an energetic vocal/guitar track, the level
of monitoring output on the mic only dropped about 15-20 db in my
monitoring headphones. The click stayed at normal volume.
Any thoughts at all?
It's pretty hot here in the studio, could the heat be effecting things at all?

CRAZY and mistifyed.
Rusty