[LAU] comparing audio recordings on the command-line?
normalperson at yhbt.net
Tue Sep 17 02:37:09 UTC 2013
Hi, I'd like to compare recording quality of portable recorders.
I only care about the line-in input of these portable recorders.
* play audio through a good DAC and feed the line-in of each recorder
* copy audio files off the SD cards from the recorders
* level match the inputs. Probably based on "sox FILE -n stats"
output change input levels on each recorder to match levels.
* play audio again through the DAC and feed the line-ins
* copy audio files off the SD cards from the recorders again
* run something like diff(1) for audio
I'm willing to look at a spectrogram/graph image with feh(1), but I
_really_ don't want to touch a mouse or tab through form
buttons/boxes/inputs on a GUI.
Thanks for reading.
More information about the Linux-audio-user