[LAU] comparing audio recordings on the command-line?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Sep 17 07:04:38 UTC 2013

A recorder that might do the better mic recording, might be less good in
copying an analog line in signal. I would record the same audio source
in the same location, from the same position, by different recorders
using the microphones and then compare the signal from the read cards or
at least copy it back using a digital output, resp. if you will using it
to record line in, at least don't copy it back by using the analog way.

I've got doubts that all recorders provide the same audio quality for
mic in and line in.