[LAU] hardware - Intel CPUs

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 23:35:53 UTC 2014

On 04/17/2014 10:39 AM, Len Ovens wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Apr 2014, david wrote:

>>> Nothing I can hear. This is very important becasue if there was
>>> noticable delay then stage sound would be ahead of the mains... might
>>> give some interesting filtering from being out of phase.
>>
>> The mains are getting their signal via cable, so they're getting their
>> signal as quickly as the monitors on stage. The only change would be
>> physical distance from the different speakers, right?
>
> The difference I was thinking of is between a DIed guitar amp and mains
> as these and the bass amp (sometimes KB too) have traditionally been
> faced towards the audience.

Yah. Only our bassist occasionally uses an amp. Everyone else hears
things thru the stage monitors or headphones. Reminds me of my days with
400w RMS bass amp right behind me when I was playing bass. I do miss
that feeling!

> We also have some pretty loud vocalists
> who's unamplified voice can be heard in the house.

We had a guest singer one time. She had sung professionally in stage
musicals. Even without a mic, she matched the whole band in volume when
she really let go! And one of our older sopranos (who had also sung
professionaly, ages ago) used to be able to cut through anything, with
or without mic.

--
David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com