[LAU] Record from M-Audio 2496 S/PDIF input

Ivan K ivan_521521 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 00:02:04 UTC 2014

Well, I have the s/pdif output of my
USBDualTubePre microphone preamp plugged
into the s/pdif input of my M-Audio 2496,
though I have yet to be able to record
any sound.

I am using Audacity.

I have used Audacity successfully in the past
to record though the analog inputs of the
M-Audio 2496 (to digitize sound from cassettes
and vinyl) but Audacity's VU meters just
don't register anything from the microphone
going to the USBDualTubePre preamp to the
M-Audio 2496's s/pdif input.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I imagine I need to configure something
with one of the mixers, I have available?:

  alsamixer
  alsamixergui
  envy24control   (Envy24 Control Utility)
  xfce4-mixer

Thank you for your help.

P.S.  I am trying to only do a mono recording and so
I have my microphone plugged into the right channel
of the preamp.