[LAU] Piecing together audio files

Chris Hogan hodginson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 14:50:19 UTC 2014

The command line tool wavmerge will do this (although it only accepts .wav
files as input and they all need to be the same bitrate/frequency).

wavmerge -o output.wav input1.wav input2.wav input3.wav

There's no option to add silence between the merged files, so I usually
just make a .wav file containing the required amount of silence and merge
it in between the others:

wavmerge -o output.wav input1.wav silence.wav input2.wav silence.wav
input3.wav