[LAU] Piecing together audio files

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Sat Aug 2 16:16:56 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2 Aug 2014, jonetsu at teksavvy.com wrote:

>  Very quickly I'd think of using Ardour to put all the files one after
> another and then export the result, but that seems overkill, and

Yes, it is designed to be that way. The idea being that it can also
always be the right tool. There is something to be said for using a tool
that is comfortable from being used a lot. On the other hand, the unix
idea of using a string of tools that just do one thing well is still
valid.

Having a machine with much more memory and power than needed makes the use
of larger do-everything software valid if the user can spend less time
learning and more time using. Using small tools can be more versatile
though, because the user can think up new ways to connect things that the
do-everything software may not be able to do.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net