[LAU] drum synth

James Morris james at jwm-art.net
Sat Aug 2 21:16:32 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2 Aug 2014 14:13:58 +0200
pierre jocelyn andre <temps.jo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> again sorry for my poor English
>
> my synthesizer creates sounds of drums
> each sound weighs 16 bytes
> we must forget audacity is too heavy, so much many bytes per sound
> sounds produced by my synthesizer can not be encoded as encoding
> deforms, as streaming deforms,
>
> here you have some synthesizer sounds in wikimedia
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/9temps
> here you have video
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwCeR5S8kHI

I hear no drums in that video. I watched one of the others and found
the sounds interesting (as I commented there) but didn't hear any
drums, and it's not obvious what's going on, how can you change the
synthesis parameters for instance? Must the code be edited and
recompiled?

> here you have some piano code
> http://www.letime.net/vocale/lmmodel1jo.tar.gz

Segmentation faults as soon as I hit any button.

> piano with drum
> must be
>

> I am currently working with the debian facile community to improve
> codes

I've just looked at MaFenetre.cpp and it's over 9000 lines!

You need to stop the lazy coding habit of copying and pasting the same
code over and over again with minor modifications. I see 1438 lines
beginning at line 6580 with the same code copied and pasted over and
over again, and then again another piece of code copied and pasted for
the last 1116 lines of the file.

You need to turn much of MaFenetre.cpp into functions to reduce the
redundancy.

Learn how to use structured programming.

Start setting minimal standards for your code and adhere to them.

But I'm only self taught too, and not a pro either, so what do I know.

james.