[LAU] First release of zita-njbridge

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Aug 4 20:58:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Zita-njbridge-0.1.0 is now available.

Actually 0.1.1 since then.

> Zita-j2n and zita-n2j are command line Jack clients to
> transmit full quality multichannel audio over a local IP
> network, with adaptive resampling by the receiver(s).

This works very well with my limited testing.

If you can afford the i/o cards this will work fine. The latency can be
very low.

I did:
Audio file -> IF out
plus
Audio file (same jack port) -> zita-j2n -> zita-n2j -> IF out (same port
as above)

Jack set to -p64.

There was (of course) some comb filtering but I suspect it was not enough
delay to throw off any musicians if it was used for monitoring. I tried
both --buff 0 and the default 10. The only difference being the frequency
of the comb filtering. The only thing to watch is that the same audio
doesn't get mixed with something that has gone through the link. Or mixing
two mics, one local and one remote that share the same acoustic space.

Zita-njbridge does not handle on the fly latency changes in jack, so
switching latency from really low for tracking to higher for mixdown will
mean restarting the link(s). Though the link probably should not be needed
for mixing anyway. It wouldn't take much to create a script that
"respawed" the link if it was needed.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net