[LAU] Komplete Audio 6 and Jack

David david at kenpro.com.au
Tue Aug 12 13:53:30 UTC 2014

I'm completely new to this, so be kind to me please.

Ubuntu studio 14.04
Komplete Audio 6
Rode condensor mics.

I've found this link which says it should "just work",

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2013-October/094733.html

but I can't seem to get response from the  inputs (microphones). I did
manage to make Yoshimi talk to the KA6 via Jack but that isn't what I need.

Ultimately I want to be able to simply record stereo microphones into
Ardour or Audacity. Preferably Audacity because I'm familiar with it.

I suspect that I'm not configuring Jack connections correctly but don't
know enough about it to see what the problem is.

I've set the interface in qjackctl settings to the KA6.

The KA6 never shows up in the volume control panel in the way that a USB
headset would. The KA6 does show up in both input and output sides of
the qjackctl ALSA tab.

--
David McQuire
0418 310312