[LAU] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: Audacity on Ubuntu 14.04 is REALLY unstable

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Tue Aug 19 15:17:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014, Alan McKay wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 5:23 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> So you didn't forget to add the user to the group "audio" ("realtime" or
>> whatever it's called for Ubuntu Studio and you also set up PAM?
>
> Hmmm, neither.   Adding me to group audio makes sense, but what's with PAM?
> What do I have to do there?  I can't find anything obvious with
> google.  I see a reference
> to it here :

In a terminal enter:
groups

you should get a list of groups the current user is a member of. One of
them should be audio. If not:
sudo adduser <username> audio

ls /etc/security/limits.d/
should show:
audio.conf
if jack was installed correctly. If instead you have:
audio.conf.disabled

Then:
sudo mv /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf.disabled /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf

This will make sure jack is actually using what the lowlatency kernel
offers.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net