[LAU] [LAD] [LAA] hrec

Egor Sanin egor.sanin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 15:38:23 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I've been working on and off for the last little while on a command
line recording utility.  It's really basic and the code is pretty
ugly.  It exists partly because in my lazy search I couldn't find
anything that satisfied my particular need, and also because it was
interesting.  I just made a first release, so you could try it if you
like.

The program is called hrec, it's basically a curses front end to a
very limited subset of ecasound's functions.

Code is here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hrec/

AUR package is here:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/hrec/

I'm planning to do change it soon, but the basics will remain the
same.  Mostly I plan to remove the playback functionality, as it's
almost useless -- plenty of other software to do it much better.  Also
I need to migrate the code to Python 3, but I'm getting stuck on the
python ecasound bindings.  In the couple of (admittedly not very
thorough) attemps I've made I ran into problems with the current pyeca
module.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Anyway I thought I might as
well release it now and get some feedback.

I hope someone finds hrec useful!

Criticism and insults are also welcome.

Thanks!