[LAU] [Bulk] Re: Noo 'pooter :)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:52:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-08-27 at 01:53 -0400, Blaise Alleyne wrote:
> Seems like the recommendations from others are better if you want to
> configure your box and have more control over it, but it seems that
> maybe distros like KXStudio or AVLinux might be worth considering if
> you're looking for something that comes with some sensible defaults
> for audio production "out of the box".

The OP is an experienced Debian user, KXStudio, AVLinux and Ubuntu
Studio are ok, but perhaps the OP wants to test another approach. An
issue with AVLinux might be the architecture. My favorite from those
distros is Ubuntu Studio. Keep in mind that Arch Linux is one of the
distros that made the transition to systemd a long time ago, Debian and
Ubuntu will do it soon, that likely could cause issues you don't want to
experience for an "office" machine. Replacing X (Ubuntu) also could
cause issues.