[LAU] Noo 'pooter :)

Blaise Alleyne email+music at blaise.ca
Wed Aug 27 05:53:01 UTC 2014

On 26/08/14 04:24 PM, Will Godfrey wrote:
> In the next couple of days I should be getting a new fanless dual core machine
> with a 64bit intel cpu running at 3.1G. This is really intended to replace my
> ageing 'office' machine, but I thought I might as well set it up for decent
> audio too.
>
> As this will be a clean install, I'm wondering what people might suggest as
> for best distro to make full use of it - all my other machines have had a
> progression of debian upgrades so are probably full of crud.

I read this article the other day recommending KXStudio or AVLinux, though I
haven't tried either yet myself:

http://www.libremusicproduction.com/articles/advantages-choosing-audio-orientated-linux-distribution

Seems like the recommendations from others are better if you want to configure
your box and have more control over it, but it seems that maybe distros like
KXStudio or AVLinux might be worth considering if you're looking for something
that comes with some sensible defaults for audio production "out of the box".
*shrugs*