[LAU] Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Aug 28 16:02:56 UTC 2014

On 08/28/2014 05:48 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 11:27 AM, Jörn Nettingsmeier
> <nettings at stackingdwarves.net <mailto:nettings at stackingdwarves.net>> wrote:
>

>     no personal experience, but i guess the ff400/800 support is fairly
>     complete by now. check with jonathan woithe on the ffado list to
>     make sure.
>

> just in time for firewire to ride off into the sunset ...

fair enough, but a surprisingly large number of those boxes are lying
around in institutions and studios (among them, I believe, Ardour
headquarters :) so it's still kind of useful - the ffs are still more or
less state-of-the-art in terms of audio quality, so it's well worth the
extra effort to dig up a firewire card and jump through a few hoops if
the prize is access to those preamps and converters.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net