[LAU] html5 audio through jack

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Sat Aug 30 10:38:33 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I'm thinking of updating some of my web pages to use multi-platform
flash/html5 audio players, at present they use flash only and won't play
on iPads for example.

Due to some problems I was having with pulse audio in relation to my HDSP
interface I have recently disabled it and all my audio is running via jack/alsa and
the HDSP interface. With flash in firefox, there are no problems and the
audio plays. My .asoundrc is configured with the following:

pcm.rawjack {
    type jack
    playback_ports {
        0 system:playback_1
        1 system:playback_2
    }
    capture_ports {
        0 system:capture_1
        1 system:capture_2
    }
}

pcm.jack {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
    hint {
 	description "JACK Audio Connection Kit"
    }
}

pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave { pcm "rawjack" }
}

HTML5 players in firefox don't play however via jack. When pulse was enabled, HTML5
content would play through the computer's built-in sound card. Now that
it's disabled I can't get it to play through jack.

An example page with a HTML5 player is here:

http://www.html5tutorial.info/html5-audio.php

Any suggestions please? A modification of the .asoundrc?

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04

Thanks,