[LAU] multiple outputs for drumkv1

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 22:48:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Brent Busby <brent at keycorner.org> wrote:

> It'd be nice if drumkv1 supported optional Jack outputs per instrument,
> selectable with a toggle at the instrument level.

Hi Brent!

You missed a big discussion on this exact topic that was on just yesterday!
It came about when a Fabla user requested per-sample outs, and we discussed
the option of doing so.

Details of the conversation are here:
https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-Fabla/issues/37

Summary of #ardour IRC, discussion with Paul Davis, Robin Gareus and David
Robillard
https://github.com/harryhaaren/openAV-Fabla/issues/37#issuecomment-65961486

TL;DR;
- Hosts should understand these outputs, and display them to the user
*without* the user having to manually route busses etc.
- An LV2 extension for audio ports, and audio port grouping can be used to
achieve this.
- Fabla 2.0 will initially have "internal-FX busses", and these can later
be exposed using the above LV2 extension.

I feel its worth noting that advanced users won't mind manually-routing
said outputs, but since it can be achieved transparently using an LV2
extension, I would see that as a great win for workflow.

Cheers, -Harry

--

http://www.openavproductions.com