[LAU] Headphones

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Dec 16 20:26:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 21:01:44 +0100, Florian Paul Schmidt wrote:
> It's an open design though

Open design isn't that bad, as long as we don't record e.g. a capella
with a click track on the phones, that could "crosstalk" to the mics.
IMO comb filter effects aren't caused by headphones. As most people I
prefer half-open, but a microphone does record the noise of those
too. When I had to provide headphones in my home studio for several
people, I once bought cheap, but relatively ok sounding open headphones
and those open headphones didn't cause issues.