[LAU] Just got Android tablet for Christmas

Set Hallström sakrecoer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:54:44 UTC 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 14:12:51 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 1:58 PM, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Any ideas for good music composition, synthesis and/or recording
> > > apps for Android?
> > >

> > bwahahahahah! Android is basically a non-starter for this app niche
> > at this point in time. The exceptions prove the rule.
>
> OTOH Jack is dropped for the iPad :(.
>
> "JACK does currently not work on iOS7!" -
> http://www.crudebyte.com/jack-ios/
>
> My iPad currently is on iOS 8.1.2 and there wasn't a jackd update ;).

I don't know if or how well it works, but there seems to be JACK for
android:
https://github.com/KimJeongYeon/jack2_android
i also found this: https://github.com/google/patchfield in an article about
it here:
http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/patchfield-introduces-concepts-of-jack-audio-server-to-android

I have a hard time understanding why a tablet need to be approached so much
differently than computers. Alright, the interface is different.... but
what else? Can someone explain to me?

Although i love the idea to be able to paint with my finger tops all day
everyday, I told santa i'll be waiting until i can run my favorit GNU/linux
distro on them, by simply increasing the icon size.

--
Set Hallström
AKA