[LAU] Is CentOS good for audio stuff?

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Dec 24 09:05:45 UTC 2014

On 12/24/2014 09:34 AM, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:
> I'm thinking about switching to CentOS (from Ubuntu) at home, because of
> several reasons, but wonder: is it good for running Ardour, Jack and
> related stuff? I don't mind using Ardour 2, as I don't need anything
> very sophisticated, and would only want something that I can configure
> once and stop worrying about. I do sysadmin work for a living, and would
> rather not do it when I get home :-)

My opinion is that almost any distro will do but some take more time to
set up than others. CentOS might be a bit behind with the current
versions of some applications but maybe it works with the
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ repositories. But if you
feel comfortable with CentOS, go for it!

Best,

Jeremy