[LAU] Album produced in Linux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Feb 5 13:39:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 17:24 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > No, I won't. They e.g. use Google Analytics. If they want to do
> > marketing research or for what ever this should be "good" for, why don't
> > they use e.g. Pwik Analytics?
>
> With its stone-age IP-based metrics, lack of demography data, as well
> as a total zero of on-page analytics? Are you friggin kidding me? :)
> Piwik is simply lightyears behind GA.

For what usage does bandcamp need all this and why do they share the
data with Google, IOW with all kinds of well known and completely
unknown third parties? Why should a rock'n'roll/punk-rock band being
interested to participate? Why should listeners being interested to
participate?

I'm not interested to participate. I'm willing to turn a blind eye, if
somebody does use Piwik instead of Google.