[LAU] Album produced in Linux

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 14:13:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>> With its stone-age IP-based metrics, lack of demography data, as well
>> as a total zero of on-page analytics? Are you friggin kidding me? :)
>> Piwik is simply lightyears behind GA.
>
> For what usage does bandcamp need all this

For instance, on-page analytics has _everything_ to do with
maintaining _any_ website worth caring about. It helps understanding
and visualizing, how users think, what they desire, and how they get
it (or how  they fail to get it).

I'm sorry (actually, no, I'm not), but the market doesn't work like
that: people don't choose a worse tool for the job _en masse_.

I do like the fact that someone's trying to make a decent free/open
source web analytics tool, but so far I can't get all the actionable
data I need from Piwik, and I don't expect maintainers of much larger
websites to have lower demands. I also don't expect Piwik to ever get
certain features that are only possible when there's either a
centralized entity with a single database behind it, or large
federated networks (and  I mean _really_ large).

> Why should a rock'n'roll/punk-rock band being
> interested to participate? Why should listeners being interested to
> participate?

Another question: why should they care?

Alexandre