[LAU] Focusrite Saffire PRO 40 at 96kHz

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Thu Feb 6 18:46:58 UTC 2014

On 02/06/2014 09:29 AM, José Agustín Terol Sanchis wrote:
> Thank you for your answers and suggestions.
>
> BTW, Jeremy, I've been taking a look at the Saffire 40 user manual, and
> I have a doubt. When phantom power is turned on (for example, at 5-8
> inputs), does this affect to input lines in the same segment (5-8)? I
> mean, it has a connector XLR/TRS combo, so, I wonder if the +48V only
> affects the XLR plug, or it will also power the TRS connection (that
> could damage some line-level stuff connected at TRS). Well, I think this
> question is more or less applicable to those interfaces with this kind
> of input combos.

even the simplest neutrik jack/xlr combo socket is actually a 6-pin
connector, with separate pins for xlr 1-3, tip, ring, and a common
sleeve/xlr chassis ground. so unless the manufacturer has been designing
while drunk, the p48 should not affect the line inpute.

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net