[LAU] Steinberg UR22 on ArchLinux

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Feb 7 00:31:01 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 03:39:00PM -0800, Dragonseel wrote:

> Now my Linux does not recognize the UR22 as a sound device.
> It is recognized as a USB-Device. This is a similar situation to a older
> Thread. In that thread a solution was found by adding a section to a file
> named *quirks-table.h* but unfortunately there is no such file in ArchLinux,
> and apparently it is supposed do be that way. Is there an alternative way to
> do that fix? Or is there something else I miss?

There is no such file in a normal Archlinux installation because
this is a *source* file, part of the ALSA drivers.

You can

* Get the ALSA sources and patch, compile and install them.

See <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System>
on how to do this cleanly (without bypassing package management).
I wouldn't recommend this unless you are a familiar with creating
packages from source.

Or

* Make sure the issue is reported to the ALSA developers, and
  wait for the next release which Archlinux will adopt quite
  fast.

Ciao,

--
FA