[LAU] [OT] Phoneblocks, a modular phone

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Feb 8 18:33:53 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-02-08 at 19:08 +0100, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> P.S.2: talking about well-meaning envy, and myself being some kind of
> a musician in some way, I've found this beautiful sentence:
> "Eisenberg goes on to describe musicians as "self-conscious birds" who
> have music both in their muscles and in their minds.And that must be a
> wonderful state of being. It is for this reason that I have a certain
> well-meaning envy of musicians."

Music seems to be a good training against dementia and even seems to
protect against effects of Alzheimer's disease, OTOH a lot of disorders
are more often for artists, depressions, personality disorders, left vs
right cerebral hemisphere, IOW artists are more often left-hander,
dyslexics etc. and even while making music seems to protect against
dementia and effects of Alzheimer, musicians are more often addicted to
evil, life-endangering drugs, they are more often nerds etc., so the
resume seems to be that the pros come with contras². IMO the only real
pro of being a musician is to have fun, when making music and many of us
"suffer" from synesthesia, so we don't need drugs to experience what
most people only could experience when taking drugs.