[LAU] Steinberg UR22 error -5 after patching

Patrick patrick at rumblebee.de
Mon Feb 10 18:18:57 UTC 2014

As some other users I'm trying to get the Steinberg/Yamaha UR22 to work.
I added Clemens' patch to quirks-table.h and compiled a new kernel
(although I noticed later that patching alsa sources and creating a
package should've been enough?).
The USB LED on the card now stopped blinking after booting just as it
does on windows as soon as I installed the drivers there, but still it
is not recognized as a (working) sound card.

dmesg output is:
[ 7803.974700] snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-2:1.0 failed with error -5
[ 7803.994164] snd-usb-audio: probe of 1-2:1.1 failed with error -5
[ 7803.994182] usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio

I tried to disable onboard/HMDI sound devices, which did not help.
(onboard via BIOS and modprobe.d conf)

Does anyone have an idea what could help to do next?

Patrick