[LAU] Focusrite 2i4

Tim Goetze tim at quitte.de
Fri Jan 10 10:29:47 UTC 2014

[James Stone]
>However, I fired up AVLinux, and I can go down to 32/2 @ 48k without
>this problem. I then tried a generic 3.0.36 kernel on my Ubuntu Studio
>setup, and although performance isn't that great (bit sensitive to
>moving windows etc. to cause xruns), I can get down to 32/2 @ 48k
>without any audible clicks or sound distortions..
>
>Might be worth testing?

Tested the 2i4 again here with 3.0.89-rt118 and a variety of
buffer/period setups, no luck: it's happily crackling away.

For anyone interested in a rough impression, I did manage to record
the output for live input this time though (on another box, through a
mixing console, sorry), jackd parameters are in the filename:
http://quitte.de/tmp/2i4-48k-1024x3-crackle.wav (clicks seem to align
to 10ms intervals btw).

jackd still reported no xruns, and the input stream shows no signs of
clicking or crackling.

Cheers, Tim