[LAU] Wikifonia gone

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Fri Jan 10 22:31:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-10 at 14:40 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
>> "A license to secure the rights of copyrighted works could not be
>> extended."
>
> Stone Age!
>
> I'm in "love" with collection societies, digital rights managements,
> closed source code and secret recipes.
>
> We shouldn't share knowledge ;).

Actually sharing knowledge is fine. As long as someone who had
absolutely nothing to do with creating something written in 1920 (pick
your date) gets paid for it! </sarcasm>

> It's a PITA!

Yup! I used wikifonia for a number of songs that just weren't
available anywhere else.

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca