[LAU] Using a pe-count with Renoise/Ardour

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sat Jan 18 18:26:07 UTC 2014

Hello,

  I have some tracks in Ardour, acoustic instruments, to which I
counted 8 metronome ticks before starting recording.  So there are 8
clicks of 'silence' before the instruments starts.  This is a sketch,
so I'd like to play around with Renoise while the instruments are
playing, especially pattern-based.  The problem is that Renoise starts
immediately, same time as Ardour, so that music starts happening when
Renois is already at 32 (out of 64, default size).

  I tried adding a metronome pre-count in Renoise, then use Renoise to
start Ardour, but the pre-count does not take effect.  Is there a way
to be able to play around looping a pattern in Renoise while Ardour
plays tracks, assuming that the tracks were recorded with Ardour's
metronome, and that a 64 pattern in Renoise fits nicely in what is
unfolding as recorded.

  In other words, is it possible to jam in Renoise while audio tracks
are playinbg - surely it is ! But is it possible to do it using a
metronome count-in before looping a pattern ?

  Of course, any suggestion of achieving this in a better way is
welcomed ! (ツ)

Cheers.