[LAU] Bitwig at long last...?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:09:39 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 9:31 PM, R. Mattes wrote:

>> No LV2 or LADSPA support on Linux, though, although they say it's planned.
>>
>> At least it supports Jack.
>>
>> probably no Linux VST either, which essentially means no plugins at all? a
> bit of wild choice ...
>
> No OSC either ...

1. Last time I checked, Novation, M-Audio, Roland etc. had no OSC
keyboards, just regular MIDI ones :)

2. Whether Linux VST is present is a goddamn _question_ :) Let's not
jump at conclusions, shall we?

> So we have a heavily crippled Linux version for 300 Euro?
> Who will buy this?

Me.

Bitwig is a tool primarily for composition and live performance. You
don't need every single plugin out there for that, and Bitwig appears
to have enough built-in effects and instruments to get cracking.

I'm looking forward to both improved MIDI editing in A3 and whatever
Harry has in the pipeline for Luppp, but so far Bitwig looks like
exactly what I need for experimenting, trying ideas etc. In terms of
going from an idea to an actual sound that represents it no
DAW/sequencer I tried on Linux is good enough, in my humble opinion.

(At which point the usual LAU hell breaks loose, I suppose.)

Alexandre