[LAU] Bitwig at long last...?

R. Mattes rm at mh-freiburg.de
Wed Jan 22 20:55:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:18:00 +0100, tim wrote
> >> No LV2 or LADSPA support on Linux, though, although they say it's planned.
> >>
> >> At least it supports Jack.
> >>
> >> probably no Linux VST either, which essentially means no plugins at all? a
> > bit of wild choice ...
> >
> > No OSC either ... So we have a heavily crippled Linux version for 300 Euro?
>
> is there any linux-based DAW that includes a built-in modular system?

No, but we don't need - we have PureData, Supercollider and all sorts of
modular synths. But to use them you need rich control channels. That was my point.

> different tools have different feature sets and no plugins does not mean
> no effects or synths ...

Nobody said this. But there's a lot of music theses days where you can tell
the tool the composer used by the sound of the composition.

 Cheers, RalfD