[LAU] a question reading linux on stage

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 14:17:19 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:11 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:

>> I'd argue everything should be visible: tabbed UI / expanders can be used
>> to maximise pixels usage.
>> Its tabbed / expanders are *not* and ideal workflow
>
> </me replies to self, hit send too soon>
>
> Tabs / expanders are not and ideal workflow, however if tabs can be
> side-by-side as well as behind-eachother this is a win-win.

There are all sorts of smart solutions for that where you can tweak
things without making your content move around.

Example: top toolbar in MyPaint. A brush icon displays the currently
selected brush, and when you click on it, a small configuration dialog
slides down on top of  your content to let you configure brush
settings.

Alexandre