[LAU] Script to clean up Ardour unused files ?

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sun Jan 26 22:35:38 UTC 2014

<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> and then when the rules change, and someone uses this external script and a
> catastrophe happens?
>
> sometimes, i envy applications that use encoded, proprietary session file
> formats :)

Several years ago I had a fellow ask about parsing MMA library files.
Instead of getting into details about why he shouldn't, etc. I just
added a bit of code to the main application to do it for him. Did he
use it? Nope, he insisted that his own parser was faster, etc. Only
problem was that it didn't work (it did in his simple test cases) ...
well, you know the rest :) Degenerated into a email shouting session
and, I'm sure, he still figures I'm a jerk.

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca