[LAU] Script to clean up Ardour unused files ?

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Jan 27 00:40:07 UTC 2014

On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 17:18:29 -0500,
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote :

> On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:46 PM, jonetsu at teksavvy.com
> <jonetsu at teksavvy.com>wrote:
>
> > It would be quite useful, though, and possibly not only for me.
> > That knowledge should be able to be extracted from the Ardour
> > source and adapt it for use outside of it.  If it's mainly (only ?)
> > knowledge, eg. that no methods other than for static information
> > access are used.

> and then when the rules change, and someone uses this external script
> and a catastrophe happens?

That's assuming a lot of things.  So let me also assume a whole lot :

No catastrophe will happen because the utility script is shipped with
Ardour.  Indeed, it is made in such a way that the exact data needed to
perform that task is clearly identified so that during the make process
the relevant information is made available to the generation of the
script that is shipped along.  The script reads the data information
that was extracted which reflects any changes that were made.

(ツ)

> sometimes, i envy applications that use encoded, proprietary session
> file formats :)

Yes, I wish users could not modify Perl programs that are given to them.