[LAU] [OT] A bass guitar made from a Commodore 64 (Re: ....)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 28 12:54:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-01-28 at 12:27 +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> http://www.wimp.com/basscommodore/

Next time I order semiconductor, cables or something like that, I'll
order some piezos too.

Unfortunately my dealer only seems to sell encapsulated piezos :(.

http://www.reichelt.de/SUMMER-BM-15B/3/index.html?&ACTION=3&LA=446&ARTICLE=35926&artnr=SUMMER+BM+15B&SEARCH=piezo-schallwandler
http://www.reichelt.de/SUMMER-EPM-121/3/index.html?&ACTION=3&LA=446&ARTICLE=35927&artnr=SUMMER+EPM+121&SEARCH=piezo-schallwandler

I'm not interested to build such a Commodore 64 bass, but wonder if I
could build a guitar pickup to individual record the 6 strings one by
one. Each time I had the money to buy a MIDI pickup, I bought other
music gear and I guess this won't change in the future, so the testing
piezos is worth a try.