[LAU] Writing jingles

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 2 08:12:46 UTC 2014

Hi Louigi,

On 1 July 2014 22:08, Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3. Tried kdenlive, hoping maybe it fixed its problems. What do you know - it
> crashes on my Xubuntu 12.04 when I click "Add clip". So much for kdenlive -
> even the stock Ubuntu version does not work, simply incredible.

I used kdenlive from the KXStudio ppas on Ubuntu 12.04 for a while and
found it quite stable.  Have recently upgraded to a new machine and
14.04 so not tried there yet - in fact not sure if there is a KXStudio
kdenlive on 14.04, but kdenlive also seem to have their own ppa.  I
share your frustration with the lack of stability of lots of things in
the standard Ubuntu repositories. :-/

Also, PiTiVi seems to finally be making some progress - may be one to try.

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Artist : Technologist : Adviser

Praxis LIVE - open-source intermedia development - www.praxislive.org
Digital Prisoners - interactive spaces and projections -
www.digitalprisoners.co.uk