[LAU] A short story: from zero to recording the drums in a budget

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Jul 23 04:42:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-07-22 at 22:59 +0100, James Morris wrote:
> Sorry if it's been mentioned elsewhere already, not been following, but
> ardour2 is in the AUR although my first attempt to build it failed with
> aubio/vamp problems. Anyway, it's there, expect vamp/aubio can be
> disabled, and Ray Rashif is listed as one of the contributors.

I didn't use Ardour for a while, I wonder if my old version is broken.
Indeed, building ardour2 fails.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ pacman -Qi ardour aubio
Name           : ardour
Version        : 2.8.16-1
Description    : A multichannel hard disk recorder and digital audio
workstation
Architecture   : x86_64

Name           : aubio
Version        : 0.4.1-1
Description    : A tool for extracting annotations from audio signals
Architecture   : x86_64

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ yaourt -S ardour2
Looks like the "aubio" package is the issue.  Ardour2 will not build
against the current 0.4.1 package.
[snip]
In file included from libs/vamp-plugins/plugins.cpp:44:0:
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:60:5: error: ‘aubio_pickpeak_t’ does not name a type
     aubio_pickpeak_t *m_peakpick;
     ^
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:61:5: error: ‘aubio_onsetdetection_t’ does not name a type
     aubio_onsetdetection_t *m_onsetdet;
     ^
libs/vamp-plugins/Onset.h:62:5: error: ‘aubio_onsetdetection_type’ does not name a type
     aubio_onsetdetection_type m_onsettype;
     ^
scons: *** [libs/vamp-plugins/plugins.os] Error 1
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build ardour2.