[LAU] Measuring the acoustical characteristics of my studio using FLOSS software?

Gabriel Nordeborn gabbe.nord at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 19:05:35 UTC 2014

Thanks for all of your responses! Enlightening :D

Fons: Thanks for the info! My room is sadly fairly small and cubic (and
sounds rather horrible as it is now). The good part though (I think it's
good at least..) is that I won't be recording anything that bassy, and my
monitors are small. That should at least make the risk of a boomy room a
little bit lower, right? I'm planning on building 4-8 absorbtion panels
(120 x 60cm, 10cm deep with 5cm thick rock wool) which should help some
with the mid/high at least. But if that doesn't turn out good enough, I
guess I'll need to look into some fancy DIY solution for the low end
(current contender is stuffing the corners from floor to ceiling with rock
wool too). That's a bit more labour intensive though, so I'm trying to
avoid it...

Any thoughts on that? Am I going about it right/OK, or should I attack this
problem some other way?

Also, thanks for the info about Japa. I've noticed those controls on Japa
before but never known what they are for. I'm going to test this right away
tomorrow.

Thanks again!