[LAU] JACK on Pi... almost working

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 09:29:43 UTC 2014

On 30/07/14 19:01, Gerhard Zintel wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 July 2014, Ken Restivo wrote:
>> I dunno, I kind of gave up on the project. Maybe I'll try again with
>> a BeagleBone Black if I really wanted it to work. A friend gave me the
>> run-down on why Raspberries are crappy, and couldn't argue. I've done
>> quite a bit of work with BeagleBone's in the past (pre-Black days) and found
>> them much better engineered-- real development boards.

> use a Banana Pi, it is not nearly as crappy as Raspberry, much more powerfull
> (2 cores, 1 GHz, 1 GB), consumes less power and only a bit more expensive:

The Udoo are a lot more powerful, 4 cores plus a SAM chip (Arduino Due) with
proper ethernet, USB, audio, wireless, SATA plug etc. Depends what you need, but
if you need things like lots of GPIO, including analogue, or reasonable
networking and the built in audio is OK for you then their price (3 times a Pi)
isn't so bad.

Also, I keep running into the lack of documentation on the Pi, it looked good at
first but ..., while the GPU interface on the Udoo has a lot more docs.

Simon