[LAU] Streaming radio and calls from listeners

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 20:59:30 UTC 2014

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all your advice!

I do have a second laptop I can use and I was thinking of this scheme:
channel this second laptop into the mixer or, indeed, channel the phone
into the mixer and do it this way. Thanks to the mixer, I will be able to
mute the call if someone says nasty things.

I installed Internet DJ Console, will look into it.

I wonder if streaming it live will work. A complicated setup, but
manageable. I was also thinking of streaming it to YouTube, live.

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Sam Mulvey <sam at vis.nu> wrote:

> On 06/22/2014 05:03 AM, Carlos sanchiavedraz wrote:
> > Given that Skype is available for many mobile platforms, and there are
> > SIP clients as well, there's another possibility that should be
> > simpler than an extra PC/loopback solution. You could install
> > Skype/SIP client on your mobile or tablet and connect device's
> > headphone output to the mixer.
> >
> > On the other hand, there are programs like Rivendel and distros for
> > radio stations specific purposes that could be interesting to take
> > into account.
>

> If I'm doing prerecorded interviews with Skype, I generally use a smart
> phone.  It's a stop gap solution, especially since the Skype caller
> isn't getting audio off the board, just audio from the smartphone.   If
> your mixer has multiple sends, then you could go that route, but the
> mixers that most podcasters are going to have won't.
>
> For live radio, UI concerns are important[1], and having to take calls
> on a smartphone *and* manage the rest of the show turns it into a bit of
> a mess.  It also makes call screening harder to do, which is something I
> really have to do.    That might be well beyond what the OP was asking
> for though.
>
> -Sam
>

> [1]: To the point where I'm designing a hardware interface that acts
> like the older boards I'm used to, but is all digital underneath.
> Right now, I'm using touchscreens, and having to look at what I'm doing
> can actually be a problem sometimes.   With pots and switches, I can
> feel around.

Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/