[LAU] legacy equipment for a user who does not "program"

Edgar Aichinger edogawa at aon.at
Mon Mar 17 09:00:18 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 17. März 2014, 07:33:04 schrieb Gordon JC Pearce:
> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 12:17:36AM -0500, Brian Hagen wrote:
>
> <snipped huge but largely irrelevant screed about complexity of installing from source>
>
> > Ideas, anyone?
> >
> > Brian
>
> Incidentally, when my ESQ-1 was working (I need to replace the display and display board processor) I just used amidi to send sysex backwards and forwards.  It works perfectly.  About the only thing it doesn't really work for is Casio CZ stuff, because of their batshit insane sysex protocol.

And then there's a simple and clean Qt4 based GUI app for that task, called Simple Sysexxer: http://www.christeck.de/wp/products/simple-sysexxer/

This works well for me, tested with Roland GR-33 and Korg Wavestation. I'm supplying binary packages for several openSUSE versions and Fedora 19, in my OBS home project: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/edogawa/

Hope that helps,

Edgar