[LAU] legacy equipment for a user who does not "program"

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Mar 17 12:46:38 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 1:17 AM, Brian Hagen <byronkeys at jvlnet.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>     Although I was a programmer a long, long, time ago in a
> company far, far away, I cannot seem to get the hang of complicated
> Linux packages which require complex actions just to get an
> "app installed" on a Linux machine.

Then don't. If there is software that you might want to use, and it is not
installable on whatever version of Linux you use with less than, oh, 5
mouse button clicks, then take it as a sign that you probably don't want to
use it.

Installing Linux software from source has more or less vanished as part of
the work flow for non-technical users, and even for majority of what
technical users do.

--p