[LAU] Sabrent or Vantec USB audio interface

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Wed Mar 19 06:51:27 UTC 2014

Hello Dale.

I have a Sabrant USB-SND8.
It works out of the box on Linux.

The only "problem" I have with this interface:
there could be a strong click while switching on
the interface when it's connected to power amps;
so make sure your amps have good pop filters,
or mute them before powering the interface.

I can't comment much on its sound quality,
but I use it to listen to multichannel audio
at normal domestic levels, and it's fine.
Just don't expect professional quality.
At the price it's worth a try.
--
Marc