[LAU] Midi Filter & Merger

Ede Wolf listac at nebelschwaden.de
Sun Mar 23 22:01:13 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am wondering, wether there is programm that can merge events from
physical midiports, preferably based on Channels. Lets say, I want to
merge midi in ports 1 to 4, but all messages from any of those on
channel 1 are merged & routed to midi out 1, while those on channel 2
are going to out ports 2 and 3.

And can additionally do some filtering, like realtime messages are only
accepted on midi in 2 and routed to all outs, while only midi in 3
accepts note on/off events and adheres to above merging rules, as ports
1 & 4, which accept CC.

I am aware, that a software solution maybe won't have the performance of
a hardware solution, but then again, I am not aware of any, unless you
are lucky and run across an old miditemp device.

Ede