[LAU] Midi Filter & Merger

raf rmouneyres at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 22:07:47 UTC 2014

> I am wondering, wether there is programm that can merge events from physical midiports, preferably based on Channels. Lets say, I want to merge midi in ports 1 to 4, but all messages from any of those on channel 1 are merged & routed to midi out 1, while those on channel 2 are going to out ports 2 and 3.
>
> And can additionally do some filtering, like realtime messages are only accepted on midi in 2 and routed to all outs, while only midi in 3 accepts note on/off events and adheres to above merging rules, as ports 1 & 4, which accept CC.
here mididings is your software of choice : http://das.nasophon.de/mididings/
unless you're not allergic to command line software.

> I am aware, that a software solution maybe won't have the performance of a hardware solution, but then again, I am not aware of any, unless you are lucky and run across an old miditemp device.
i know several hardware would could do that, but all of them need programming :
- a not produced anymore Soundart Chameleon with your own soundskin http://chameleon.synth.net/english/index.shtml
- a community project like Midibox http://www.ucapps.de/
- a well know arduino board of your choice
there are probably more possible answers

cheers,
Raphaël