[LAU] Bitwig: what we can learn from it

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:30:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-04-01 at 02:22 +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 02:21:26PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Music has less to do with the skills to use a computer or the skills
> > about music theory and skills to play an instrument. Creativity is
> > independent of those skills.
> [...]
> > other kinds of music I need a good work-flow to edit MIDI data, to piece
> > together the music. In both cases most important is the fantasy.
> [...]
> > There are different kinds and motivations to make art by using "noise".
>
> You mean like Karlheinz Stockhausen? :)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XfeWp2y1Lk

I won't play the YouTube link, sine I'm not a fan of Stockhausen
(anymore), but too funny, I indeed was thinking about some of his
compositions, that btw. aren't bad, but relatively good, even while I
dislike much of his music.

You caught me :D.

When I was young I liked Stockhausen, but I also liked Mozart *shudder*.